The ITU innovation challenge features opportunities to co-create, facilitate digital transformation and build innovation capabilities through the use of knowledge exchange with experts and professionals, open innovation competitions and ecosystem networking opportunities. The expected outcome is the development of bankable projects and solutions that rethink sustainability and impact; ensuring the accelerated digital transformation of communities.
The selected winners will be rewarded with a trip to one of our key flagship events:
- Round-trip air ticket (economy class) between major airport of the applicant’s country and the event City.
- Hotel accommodation during their stay,
- Participate in event program where they will receive mentoring, capacity building, pitching and networking opportunities.
- Participate in a boot camp to expose enhance their idea, with possibility of pitching their projects in front a large global audience
- Have an opportunity to make strong case for collaboration with other markets
- Be recognized an Innovation champion in the global stage with an award.Scale-Up Diagnostics and Design for Scale Training
Your application will be evaluated by a jury composed of senior ITU officials, host sponsors, and Innovation experts, based on the following criteria:
- Originality: The concept of your proposal must be original to fit your context;
- Creativity: Your idea must to be innovative and unique
- Sustainability: The ways and methods to sustain your key activities must be clearly described;
- Viability: Your proposed solutions must be realistic and logical. Bonus points may be awarded if you can categorize your solutions into short, mid and long terms;
- Impact: Your idea/proposal must be within the context of the challenge. You must consider cross-cutting impacts, problems and relevant solutions;
- Co-creation: a special attention will be given to candidates who are actively helping other participants advance their ideas.
- Participants of all age are welcomed to take part in the challenges however, participation to the Young ICT leaders Forum event in Busan is reserved for winners aged 18 to 35 at time of application.
- Returning challenges winners from previous years with a validated minimum viable proposal will be given special consideration. Winners will only be selected for one global event. Team submission winners will only have one team member approved to participate at the event.
DEADLINE: July 31 2019
To apply and for more information visit here