Deadline: June 30, 2019
Applications for the Global Good Fund Fellowship 2020 are now open! The Global Good Fund Fellowship is a 12-month program supporting the leadership development of social enterprise leaders across the globe. The Global Good Fund creates ripple effects of social impact by investing in the world’s most innovative entrepreneurs. The program is specifically designed to develop the leadership skills of social entrepreneurs around the world, who are trying to make the world a better place through business.
The Global Good Fund identifies high-potential leaders and accelerates their success through a year-long, virtual Fellowship focused on leadership development. They support global social entrepreneurs with proven methods, such as executive mentorship, leadership coaching, and access to capital, to accelerate their growth and impact. They believe investing in leadership development is the best tool for enterprise growth and achieving global good.
Following a rigorous 3-stage process, selected Global Good Fund Fellows embark on a structured 12-month journey of experiential learning, leadership development coaching, and executive mentoring that leverages proprietary leadership development tools and methods honed since 2013. At our core is The Global Good Fund 360 MIRROR – the first evidence-based leadership assessment created specifically for social entrepreneurs. Our proven leadership development tools and services are also available to individuals, social enterprise organizations, NPO’s and impact-driven corporations.
Each Fellow is paired up with 1 dedicated professional leadership coach and 1 dedicated c-suite executive who serves as a mentor. Over a 12 month period Fellows receive intensive 1:1 coaching sessions via phone/Skype/WhatsApp.
- 360° Assessment: They administer the 360 MIRROR leadership assessment tool designed specifically for social entrepreneurs to derive feedback from their board, staff, peers, and stakeholders as well as the Fellow. The Fellow will retake the leadership assessment at the end of the Fellowship and then 1, 3, 5, and 10 years post Fellowship to track his/her growth.
- Leadership Development Plan: The results of the 360 MIRROR are used by each Fellow with his/her Leadership Development Coach (LDC). The LDC serves as an executive coach. The 360 MIRROR data points combined with one-on-one LDC interactions over 3 months result in each Fellow creating a personalized Leadership Development Plan (LDP).
- Executive Mentoring: Each Fellow is paired up with 1 dedicated professional leadership coach and 1 dedicated c-suite executive who serves as a mentor. Over the 12 month Fellowship period Fellows receive intensive 1:1 coaching and mentorship sessions via phone/Skype/WhatsApp. The coach and the mentor serve as accountability partners, challenging the Fellow to complete his or her LDP and provide personalized and consistent support along the way.
- Annual Summit: Fellows participate in an annual Global Good Fund Summit each spring. This 4-day event provides a platform for networking between Fellows, LDCs, Coaches, Alumni, and The Global Good Fund staff. The Summit is a curated leadership development experience for each Fellow.
- Targeted Funds: Each Fellow receives a leadership development grant of up to $10,000. These funds are used explicitly for LDP implementation and leadership development with a special focus on experiential learning.
- Peer and Subject Matter Expert Network: Fellows are part of a global cohort of social entrepreneurs. The Global Good Fund facilitates regular interaction among the Fellows. Fellows are encouraged to engage each other, Alumni, and Content Experts in tackling leadership development challenges. The Global Good Fund intentionally connects Fellows with Content Experts to address specific functional, sector, or geographic issues faced by each Fellow.
- This program is for emerging leaders of positive social impact organizations, entrepreneurs, innovators with diverse ethnic, religious, economic, geographic and gender experiences.
- Ideal entrepreneurs are in a leadership role, and are dedicated full-time to their organization that’s over 1-year-old.
In order to be considered for the fellowship, candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- *Enterprise that the candidate leads is at least one-year old;
- *Enterprise must have at least one full-time employee in addition to the candidate;
- *Candidate is under 40 years of age (if 40 or older, explain rationale for joining fellowship);
- *Candidate should not be currently receiving formal coaching/mentoring support;
- *Candidate has to be in a position where s/he has decision making power.
- Phase I consists of a preliminary questionnaire that is reviewed for alignment with Fellowship criteria.
- Candidates who meet the requirements will be invited to participate in Phase II of the application process.
- The application process is selective and highly competitive, but also inclusive, constructive and engaging.
They are accepting applications for the 2020 Fellowship from Monday, May 13 – Sunday, June 30 midnight ET.
For more information, visit Global Good Fund.