Application Deadline: June 14th 2019
The Forum for African Women Educationalists Regional Secretariat (FAWE RS) with support from the Mastercard Foundation, is implementing through FAWE Uganda Chapter an eight-year (2016—2024) Higher Education Access Program targeting 300 youth (70% female and 30% male) from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and regions of Eastern, Northern and Western Uganda. The overall goal of the program is to enable a total of 300 young women and men from the disadvantaged regions of Uganda to access, transition through higher education and secure employment in sectors that contribute to the development of their home communities.
This will be achieved through two (2) specific student-focused objectives:
provide bursaries to 300 bright students from economically
disadvantaged backgrounds in Eastern, Northern and Western Uganda to
access and complete higher education; and,
provide academic and psycho-social support and facilitate pathways for
the students to internships, industrial practice and employment.
The program is being implemented in partnership with particular institutions: Busitema University; Mbarara University of Science and Technology; Gulu University; Jinja School of Nursing and Midwifery; and, Medical Laboratory Technology Training School, Jinja with 60% of slots dedicated towards degree courses and 40% towards diploma courses.
- The applicant must be aged between 18 and 25 years;
- The applicant must have sat his/her advanced level (S.6) examinations in 2018;
- The applicant must be applying for direct entry into the partner institutions of learning for the academic year 2019/2020;
- The applicant must have been born in and be a resident of any of the 13 programme districts of Bukwo, Buyende, Katakwi, Mayuge, Buliisa, Bundibugyo, Kanungu, Ntoroko, Adjumani, Amudat, Amuru, Kaabong and Pader.
- The applicant must have attended Ordinary or Advanced Level Education in any of the 13 programme districts;
who sat their Advanced Level Education (S6) examinations in schools
outside their districts of birth but within the specific regions of
Eastern, Northern and Western Uganda qualify to apply for the bursaries;
applicant must be qualified for admission into the following programme
areas of study: Agricultural Sciences, Medical and Health Sciences and
Education courses (Science and Literature, degree only);
- The applicant must not be a current beneficiary of any other bursary scheme or scholarship;
vulnerability aspects to be considered include: young people living
with disability, HIV/AIDS– infected or affected, orphaned (total or
- The Applicant must be willing to give back to his/her community through development services.
Note: Female applicants from the 13 districts are highly encouraged to apply
How to apply
- Application forms will be available at NO cost at the offices of the Academic Registrars of the partner institutions of Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Gulu University, Busitema University, Jinja School of Nursing and Midwifery and Medical Laboratory Training School in Jinja.
- Application forms can also be found at the District Education Offices in the 13 Program districts above and FAWE Uganda Office plot 328, Bukoto – Kisasi Road, P.O. Box 24117 Kampala, Uganda or downloaded from the website through the link below: www.faweuganda.org.
- Submit a fully filled-in application form to the office of the District Education Officer (DEO), any of the partner institutions or to FAWE Uganda Office.
- The deadline for applications is 14th June 2019, after which no applications will be accepted.
Please note that;
i.Application forms are free of charge and NO fees/ facilitation or intermediaries required at any stage of the selection process.
information or misinterpretation of any part of the application,
falsification or incomplete application and any attempt to influence the
process will lead to automatic disqualification or recommendation for
dismissal from the program.
documents submitted will be subjected to thorough verification
including home visits of successful applicants before final approval and
shortlisted applicants will be notified at every stage of the selection
process which will be conducted by a team of independent Regional
Technical Bursary Committees (RBTCs) supervised by FAWE Uganda.
v.Applicants must provide evidence of Admission for direct entry to the partner’s institutions of; Busitema
University; Mbarara University of Science and Technology; Gulu
University; Jinja School of Nursing and Midwifery; and, Medical
Laboratory Technology Training School, Jinja for Academic year
For further enquiry and assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Programme Officer 0772545021/0753545021
For More Information: