Application Deadline: June 30th 2019
The ICAO Innovation ‘Concepts Competition’ is seeking for proposal
from 13-17 year-olds for new aircraft types, or new types of
operations, including descriptions of how these can improve or expand
upon the way that powered flight serves humanity today.
These new concepts can be for piloted or unmanned aircraft, of any size or shape, and there’s no limit to what you can propose they can be used for in our skies and/or in outer space.
- The contest submission deadline for all age groups is 30 June 2019.
- At end July 2019, national winners will be announced on ICAO’s Future Aviation website, in addition to our Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
- National winners will then be assessed during August 2019 to determine Regional winners for the North and Central America and Caribbean area, South America, West Africa, East Africa, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia Pacific. These winners will also be highlighted on ICAO’s Future Aviation website, in addition to our Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts.
- Global winners will then be selected and announced during ICAO’s World Aviation Forum and Innovation Fair, being held at ICAO HQ from 22-23 September 2019.
- The winner of the 18+ Prototypes Competition will also be given the opportunity to come to Montreal to receive their award, with airfare and accommodation for two nights in Montreal being provided for by ICAO.
How to Enter
- Develop your concept and create a visual representation
of it using either a hand-drawn sketch which you later scan or take a
digital photo of, or preferably by producing a 2-D or 3-D digital
representation of it.
- Write a short description (100 words or less) of what
your concept is and how it will benefit humanity in some way.
- Upload your image and text, with the image being minimum
1000px wide, and provide your name, age and nationality using the
“Upload my Concept!” link below.
That’s all there is to it!
A winning idea will be selected later this Fall, with the contributor receiving US$2,000 in prize money.
For More Information: