The Pan African Youth Festival is a high level African youth forum which is inspired by the African Youth Charter (Article 26(i)) to foster transformation. The festival brings together ordinary young people, elected representatives and key stakeholders to explore the living situations and perspectives of the young African generation. At the festival, young people (16 to 35) are able to have a live interface and engagement with key policy makers, diplomatic missions, academia, media, the formal and informal private sector actors and civil society actors through a mixture of appealing key-note addresses and panels, customized debates, speeches, exhibitions, interactive workshops and seconded by colorful cultural side-events. The festival is convened by Advocacy for Youth Empowerment and Capacity Building and African Youth Federation in collaboration with other partners.
he Pan-African Youth Festival is anchored on Arts, Culture, technology and conversations which offer young Africans an opportunity to engage on multiple platforms and critical issues. Participants engage in a wide range of robust activities ranging from self-organized coverings, solidarity marches, music, cultural expressions sports, road shows and community outreach.
The Pan African Youth Festival springs from the need for young people owned and driven African cohesion processes as envisaged in the Article 26(i) of the African Youth Charter which calls African youth to fully promote patriotism and unity towards the cohesion of Africa.
- The Pan African Youth festival provides a viable forum for public engagement in the policy debate. Policy dialogue will be deepened, gaps defined and popular input made to inform key policy recommendations.
- Strategic Alliances strengthened; The Pan African Youth Festival will facilitate building of purposeful cross-border alliances and solidarities for the young African community participatory transformative change and advocacy.
- Capacities enhanced; The Pan African Youth Festival will provide opportunity for cross-border skills and knowledge sharing and transfer amongst young Africans.
- Advocacy The Pan African Youth Festival is committed to enhancing the youth capacities and effectiveness of social movements in driving Africa’s productive potentials towards a positive transformative continent. Effective advocacy campaigns are and have been proven to be a key tool for social movements. The Pan African Youth Festival is therefore dedicated to strengthening the advocacy capabilities of the youth participants.
- Fast-tracking of African Youth Charter implementation by different youth stakeholders on the continent.
- Widen strategic youth frontiers; The Festival also seeks to expand the influence of young social movements and to promote innovations for greater effectiveness. The Pan African Youth Festival will provide an opportunity for extending these initiatives.
- Civic Awareness, Competence and Engagement enhanced; The ultimate objective is direct and substantive civic participation. Enhanced civic awareness and competence are a pre-requisite. The Pan African Youth Festival is a critical contribution to this end.
- Increase your knowledge, contacts and skills sets to boost your career
- Create a lasting legacy of Pan African Youth Festival 2018
- Tertiary Students
- African Youth Leaders
- Eligible Regions: African Countries.