Application Deadline: May 15, 2019
Application for CHANEL Scholarships to Attend The One Young World 2019 in London.
CHANEL is one of the world’s most iconic and influential brands in creating, developing, manufacturing and distributing luxury products. Though CHANEL is first and foremost about creation, CHANEL also emphasizes on being a human-driven company committed to creating long-term value for the brand and for society. As an iconic brand, their influence far exceeds their business activities. Working within the industry and beyond, they wish to use this influence to define and promote a more ambitious way to address and manage sustainability and social challenges.
CHANEL aims to develop impactful and socially transformative actions through different kinds of initiatives involving its best ambassadors: its people. In 2019, CHANEL will participate in the One Young World Summit with a delegation of 25 of its internal young leaders. CHANEL will also offer scholarships to 15 external delegates who are setting the example to make their communities, countries and organizations more sustainable and socially responsible. The Chanel – One Young World Scholarship will identify and support 15 exemplary change makers to participate in the One Young World Summit 2019 in London.
These scholarships is particularly intended for young leaders at the forefront of organisations and movements that make an impact in at least one of the following areas:
- Climate Change
- Sustainable Retail
- Social entrepreneurship with handcraft & savoir-faire
- Human rights
- Advancing the role of women in society
Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the following criteria:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritise applicants who demonstrate impact in the areas mentioned above.
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures.
CHANEL OYW Scholarship provides
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 London
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 25 (inclusive) October, 2019
- The cost of travel to and from London (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
Candidates must be:
- Aged 18-30.
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Apply online through the given link.