Through the Young Health Programme Scholarship, AstraZeneca works to engage and empower young people with information so that they can make healthy choices today that will lead to better health later in life. Youth are at the heart of YHP’s activities providing young people with a powerful voice in identifying their own health needs as well as planning and delivering solutions.
This year, AstraZeneca is collaborating with One Young World to offer 18 scholarships to inspiring young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, United Kingdom. The successful scholars will join 7 other YHP youth delegates who are already involved with the programme, as peer educators, advocates, NGO partners or community youth leaders. In addition to attending the Summit, YHP scholars will participate in a pre-Summit workshop to meet the delegation, share information about their background and get prepared for what will be an incredible experience in London.
At the heart of every global threat is a failure of leadership. This new generation is the most informed, most educated, most connected generation in human history. One Young World identifies, promotes and connects the world’s most impactful young leaders to create a better world, with more responsible, more effective leadership.
The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counseled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman, and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures.
Delegates participate in four transformative days of speeches, panels, networking, and workshops. All Delegates have the opportunity to apply to give keynote speeches, sharing a platform with world leaders with the world’s media in attendance. The agenda is shaped by the One Young World Community through the Global Consultation Process, ensuring maximum relevance to the issues affecting young people. As well as listening to keynote speakers, Delegates have the opportunity to challenge, interact and be mentored by world leaders.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 21 and 25 (inclusive) October 2019
- The cost of travel to and from London (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Access to Youth Health Programme pre-Summit workshop
- Discretionary funds to cover reasonable out of pocket expenses connected with getting to and from the Summit (these can be claimed by Scholars after the Summit)
- Young people (aged 18 – 30) who work for or are involved with a non-governmental organization, social enterprise, community-based organization, or who are individuals making an impact through advocacy activities or direct programming related to fighting the burden of non-communicable diseases can apply.
In particular this scholarship seeks to support young leaders making an impact in at-least one of the following areas:
- Tackling tobacco use and alcohol consumption
- Increasing physical activity and exercise
- Improving diet and nutrition
- Raising awareness of mental health and supporting people with mental health problems.
- Tackling pollution and improving air quality
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Apply online through the given link.