The St Andrews Prize for the Environment is a joint environmental initiative by the University of St Andrews in Scotland, which attracts scholars of international repute and carries out world-class teaching and research, and independent exploration and production company ConocoPhillips.
The primary objective of the Prize is to find innovative solutions to environmental challenges across the world. The solutions should be practical, scalable and able to be replicated in other places, combining good science, economic reality and political acceptability. The Prize offers people from all backgrounds around the world the chance to help transform their environmental ideas into reality and provides a network of connections and support.
The annual prize $100,000 USD for the winner and the runner(s)-up will receive $25,000 USD.
FOR AN APPLICATION FOR THE PRIZE TO BE ELIGIBLE IT MUST:
- Be related to sustainable development and be aligned with the UN Goals for Sustainable Development – explain the alignment.
- Be related to community progress allied with smart and innovative development and use of the earth’s environmental resources from air, land and sea.
- Be replicable from one geographic area to another and ideally be scalable in size.
- Have a clearly defined need for funding that will make a step change to the applicant’s aims.
- Have the ability to inspire others in the field.
- Contribute to the global pursuit of sustainability in the short to long-term.
DEADLINE: June 21 2019
To apply and for more information visit here