This call for projects aims at enhancing the local*resources of African lands (agricultural practices, know-how, local agricultural products, etc.) and optimizing their management in order to support their role in the development of family farming in Africa.SEED Foundation wishes to support projects that maintain the diversity of the local resources while offering innovative prospects to transform the agricultural system. This theme is an answer to the challenges of standardization and homogenization of practices and the loss of diversity in the agri-food sector.
Your project will therefore address the following issues:To what extent can local land resources meet the challenges of an agricultural system (creating jobs, responding to local demand, etc.)?How to maintain the diversity of agricultural practices in order to protect the different forms of production and the resilience of ecosystems?How to develop efficient agricultural production systems that consume less natural and financial resources?How to support the development and the diversity of the local sectors, from the production to the commercialization of the finished product?
Grant: between €7,000 and €15,000
SEED Foundation will not take into consideration proposals that do not comply with the following criteria:
Eligibility of the French partner
- Must be a French organization of general interest that is able to issue tax receipts□Must be in partnership with an African partner
- Must not submit more than 1 project per call for proposals
- Must have experience in the field of agricultural development in Africa
- Must not submit a project if there is an on-going partnership with SEED Foundation
- Must not to be a student association
Eligibility of the African partner
- Must be a non-profit organization(NGO, institution, farmer organization…)
- Must be in partnership with a French partner
- Must actively participate in the design and implementation of the project
Eligibility of the project presented
- Must take place in Africa in an eligible country and at less than a 3-hour drive from the capital
- Be innovative
- Create or strengthen agricultural and / or agro-food activities and contribute to the creation of local added value
- The project must concern agricultural or livestock products intended for local food and not for export
- The project must concern at least 2 stages of the sector: production, processing, marketing
- The pre-project stages must already have been completed: feasibility study, diagnosis, market study, project drafting
Eligibility of the application
- Project duration between 24 and 36 months
- The grant must be between €7,000 and €15,000
- Spread the solliciated grant over a maximum of 3 years and ensure that it represents between 10% and 70% of the total project budget, ie the total project budget will be between €10,000 and €150,000.
- If the project fits into a broader program, SEED Foundation team will ensure that its dimensions remain at the scale of its grant.
- Direct beneficiaries must have been identified (number and nature)
To apply and for more information visit here
DEADLINE: February 6 2019