A DATA4CHANGE flagship event is a five-day residential workshop with full immersion into the inner workings of a data visualisation studio. CSOs and NGOs working on some of the world’s most pressing social and political problems are matched with carefully selected teams of industry experts covering the disciplines of data analysis, journalism, graphic design, and web development.
At the end of the event each team has a proof of concept or fully rendered prototype for a data driven advocacy campaign, and the wealth of immeasurable experience that comes along with spending five days together with a diverse and uniquely talented group of individuals. You’ll use data to tell stories and change hearts and minds, and you’ll make long lasting memories and life-changing friendships.
- Full scholarship for you and a colleague to attend the workshop, including travel, accommodation, and in-country costs
- Experience working with talented industry professionals on a data driven project guided by you
- Learn how to tell stories with data
- If you work for a CSO or NGO covering any of these issues in at least one of the countries listed below, you’re eligible to apply. Your work may cover other countries as well, but must include at least one of the target countries.
- EAST AFRICA: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda
- SOUTHERN AFRICA: Angola, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Zimbabwe
- WEST AFRICA: Gambia, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone
- MIDDLE EAST AND CENTRAL ASIA: Afghanistan, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Sudan
DEADLINE: January 31 2018
To apply and for more information visit here